How to Get E Aadhar using Aadhar card
In this digital age, there are a number of individuals who don’t want to carry their Aadhar card everywhere they go. If you are one of them, there are a number of simple solutions. You can either: 1. Use mAdhaar app or 2. Download your Aadhar card online. One can easily download their Aadhar online using their Adhaar card number or, name and date of birth and get it printed out as per their requirement. It can also be downloaded using an enrollment number or your registered mobile number.
How to download Aadhar card with the help of Aadhar number:
In case you want to download and print out your Aadhar card then these simple steps should be followed:
- Visit the official website for Aadhar https://eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/
- The new window will open showing a pop – up saying ‘how you can enter the password in order to open the pdf file holding your e-aadhar’.
- You will then have to select the ‘aadhar option, in case you already have your aadhar number.
- Enter your various details such as full name, pin code of residential address, captcha image etc.
- Then click on the ‘get one-time password’ option in order to receive an OTP in your registered mobile number.
- Remember that this OTP is unique and should not be shared with anyone.
- Click on the ‘Request OTP’ option to send the OTP to your registered mobile number.
- You will be then required to click on the ‘validate and download’ resulting in your aadhar being downloaded into your computer.
- Enter the required password and click on the submit button to open and view your aadhar card.
- Remember that your E aadhar card will always be downloaded in a PDF format.
- Make sure you have an adobe reader in order to open and view the PDF file.
- Once you receive your aadhar card you can either make a print out of it or keep it stored in your smartphone for future use.
- Remember that a copy of your aadhar card is accepted as a legal proof.
How to update Aadhar card: A Comprehensive Guide
Although it was launched with the intention of being a mere residency proof, Aadhaar Card has evolved into an omnipresent identification proof. Nowadays, various governmental, as well as private offerings, are linked to it. Being the youngest member of india’s family of ‘documentary proofs’ it has an edge over the others by being the one with maximum adaptability as well. Today, Aadhaar card with its unique identification number assigned to each citizen is in an actual sense, acting as a foundation of a number of daily activities of Indian residents.
Possession of an Aadhaar no. is mandatory for all Indian residents. Aadhaar number is a unique 12 digit number. which affirms a citizen’s unique identity. The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) is responsible for collecting and storing biometric and demographic data of individuals. The Aadhar program was initiated for the effective dispersal of governmental financial and other subsidies, benefits and services to consumers. However, it has now been fully embraced by the semi-government and private sector banks and companies too.
The Aadhar program was initiated in India in 2009. It has been a long time since then and many of you must have a change in your details- i.e. for ex. you may have gotten married (and hence, changed surnames), relocated to a new city or even locality or lost/changed your mobile number. Following is a step-by-step guide that will help you to update your current address and registered mobile number with Aadhar:
How to update Aadhar address online:
- Firstly, visit the UIDAI portal (Check Below Link )
- Then, fill in your 12-digit Unique Aadhar number and select ‘Send OTP’ to proceed.
- Thereafter, the UIDAI portal will send an OTP or a One-Time Password to the contact number that is registered with them.
- Feed this OTP in the required field on the portal and select ‘Login’ to move ahead.
- When you reach the following page, select ‘Address’ and proceed.
- Then, you can proceed and fill in your new details carefully.
- Make sure that the details you have inputted are correct and transliterated correctly in the local language.
- When you submit this change, you will receive a URN or an Update Request Number to track the status of application.
The Aadhar card holder also has the option to get their address changed offline. This will require a visit to the nearest Aadhar centre!
How to change mobile number
- If you want to change your registered mobile number, you have to make a visit to the nearest Permanent Enrolment Centre.
- The person who’s name is on the Aadhar has to be present along with their Aadhar card at the Centre in order to change their mobile number.
- There is no requirement to carry any other document.
The official UIDAI portal also allows users to browse information about the different Aadhar centers. If you search on the UIDAI portal, it will display information about more than 100 Permanent Aadhaar Centres in Delhi.
How to check your Aadhar Update Status?
Aadhar Card is the newest and maybe even, the easiest government identity card to get a hold of since the process is fairly transparent and a plethora of its services are available online. One should definitely take advantage of this convenience and ensure that there are no errors in your Aadhar Card. This makes a lot of sense today with the innumerable benefits that holding an Aadhar card offers. You should ensure that all your details on the card are correct and up-to-date. In case there are any changes that are required, you can request an update on your card through online/offline methods. You can read more about this in our Guide on how to update information on your Aadhar card.
However, once you have applied for a change in your details on your Aadhar card through the Aadhar Self Service Update Portal, you will have to return to the official UIDAI website to check the status of the update request. You should follow the steps, as listed below, in order to check your Aadhar Update Status:
- You are required to input a few details in the field in order to check your status.
- Firstly, enter your Aadhar number i.e. the 12-digit number that is mentioned on your card.
- Then, enter your URN. You would have received your URN after applying for the change online.
- Select ‘Get Status’.
- You will be redirected to a screen that will show your update status.
Why Aadhar Card Rejected
You will get one of the following statuses for your Adhar Card Update:
- ‘Under Review’
In case your status is ‘Rejected’, one or more of the following reasons could be behind the failure in updating:
- The documents that were submitted were inadequate.
- The details that you had entered could be incorrect.
- Any other human error that could have occurred while filling the request form.
In case you don’t know what went wrong with your request, you should undertake the following steps:
- Fill in for a fresh request, but make a visit to your nearest Aadhar Centre to get a precise idea of the exact documents that you will be requiring.
- Collect all the requisite documents and fill in a new form. Submit it online with a new request. However, please note that if you submitted your documents to the center, then you cannot check your status online since the request was not applied for.